• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - National Register of Historic Places

Edwin Smith Mansion

Edwin A. Smith Home

Joseph C. Smith Sr. and Mary Francis Burt Smith had decided that Wellington Kansas would be the place they settled down to have and raise their children. Mary had birthed four children Edwin, Joseph...

docking building

Docking Building

Throughout the 1940s and early 50s state agencies were housed within the State Capitol building and other private buildings throughout the city. As time went on the idea of a single, modern state...

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill 1875-1923 Cedar Point was established with the help of a man from Pennsylvanian named Orlo Henry Drinkwater. Settling in the Cottonwood Valley, he built his...

Howard National Bank

Howard National Bank

Kansas State Historical Society In April of 1877, the Elk County “State” Bank was organized with George W. McKey as President. Just a few short years later the bank was converted to the...

Allen County Jail

Allen County Jail

Through the 1860s, Allen County struggled over their lack of a jail, proclaiming criminals looked at the Allen County judicial system as a laughing stock and encouraged them to commit crimes...

Sumner Elementary School

Sumner Elementary School

To Read More And See More Pictures Click Here to Order ‘Abandoned Topeka: Psychiatric Capital of the World’ 1880-1935 Sumner Schools History The first Sumner school was built around 1875 as a one...

Wheatley Provident Hospital

Wheatley Provident Hospital

Perry Sanitarium and Nurse Training Association Dr. John Edward Perry moved to Kansas City in 1903, upon arrival there were only sixteen beds available at the city hospital for minority patients...

Sauer Castle

Sauer Castle

Anton Philip Sauer immigrated to Kansas City from New York in 1868. Originally from Hessen Germany, the wealthy entrepreneur spent his younger days traveling all over South America and other...

Plaza Theater

Plaza Theater

Original Plaza Theater The first Plaza Theater of Burlington was constructed in 1940. It didn’t have long to create success before a terrible flood ravaged the community. In late May of 1941...

Booth Theatre

Booth Theatre

Intro The phenomenal Booth Theatre, named after Thomas Booth, was designed around August 18, 1926, by rebuilding and renovating what was known as the Booth Building that housed offices and businesses...

Imperial Brewing Company Brewery

Imperial Brewing Company Brewery

Construction/Opening The Imperial Brewing Company Brewery was a quite incredible complex. Architect and contractor Ludwig D. Breitag started construction in the summer of 1901. These buildings...

East Topeka Junior High

East Topeka Junior High

To Read More And See More Pictures Click Here to Order ‘Abandoned Topeka: Psychiatric Capital of the World’ Construction East Topeka Junior High is a modern movement/art deco school built in 1935-36...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer