• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Under Renovation

Seward Jail

Seward Jail

According to local historian Charlie Keller he was alive when the jail was built between 1924-1926. The story behind why the jail was built offers a new explanation to why many of these small towns...

katy hospital

Katy Hospital

To Read A Fully Detailed History, Former Patient/Staff Stories, and See 50+ Exclusive High-Quality Pictures Click Here to Order ‘Abandoned Kansas: Healthcare in the Heartland’ In 1865 the...

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill 1875-1923 Cedar Point was established with the help of a man from Pennsylvanian named Orlo Henry Drinkwater. Settling in the Cottonwood Valley, he built his...

Howard National Bank

Howard National Bank

Kansas State Historical Society In April of 1877, the Elk County “State” Bank was organized with George W. McKey as President. Just a few short years later the bank was converted to the...

Wheatley Provident Hospital

Wheatley Provident Hospital

Perry Sanitarium and Nurse Training Association Dr. John Edward Perry moved to Kansas City in 1903, upon arrival there were only sixteen beds available at the city hospital for minority patients...

menninger clinic

The Menninger Clinic

WATCH OUR FEATURE LENGTH FILM “The Hill That Healed¬† Nation” BELOW Before there was Menningers there was Security Benefit Association which established a home for the elder, orphanage...

Plaza Theater

Plaza Theater

Original Plaza Theater The first Plaza Theater of Burlington was constructed in 1940. It didn’t have long to create success before a terrible flood ravaged the community. In late May of 1941...

Booth Theatre

Booth Theatre

Intro The phenomenal Booth Theatre, named after Thomas Booth, was designed around August 18, 1926, by rebuilding and renovating what was known as the Booth Building that housed offices and businesses...

independence mansion

Bristol McBride Mansion

Norris Bennett Bristol Known as the Independence Mansion, it was originally depicted as a plain two-story square brick mansion with construction starting in 1870 and finishing in 1874. It was to...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer

error: Content is copyright protected by The Abandoned Atlas Foundation. To request the use of information/media: board@abandonedatlas.com or copy and paste link to post