• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1920's Built

Crestline School Dist. No. 78

Crestline School Dist. No. 78

The brand new Crestline School of District 28 was officially dedicated on October 14, 1921. The cornerstone was laid months before by the Board consisting of C.W. Edmonds, J.G. Milner, and R.H...

cimarron city jail

Cimarron City Jail

The Cimarron City Jail has a basic calaboose construction having an entryway with a single cell. Made entirely of concrete with a few iron-barred windows and a flat top roof. The boom of crime in the...

Spring Hill Jail

Spring Hill Jail

The Spring Hill jail was constructed by A. H. Starbuck in 1927 and was located in the City building near its current location. This cell served as a holding cell for petty criminals, drunks or those...

All Saints Catholic Church - Liberty

All Saints Catholic Church – Liberty

The history of the All Saints Catholic Church in Liberty, Kansas dates back to the 1880s when the church was first organized. Services were held in members’ houses, most of the time in the...

County Line School

County Line School

On the backroads of Ottawa County lies a tiny red brick, vernacular, one-room schoolhouse. The County Line School gets its name from its location, right on the Ottawa and Lincoln County line. Built...

Crestline School Dist. No. 78

Neosho Falls Jail

The Neosho Falls Jail single cell was not always by its lonesome before it was located in the Neosho Falls City Hall. The cell was built in 1923 and is made of iron, painted white. When the City Hall...

menninger clinic

The Menninger Clinic

To Read More And See More Pictures Click Here to Order ‘Abandoned Topeka: Psychiatric Capital of the World’ Security Benefit Association Before there was Menningers there was Security Benefit...

Crestline School Dist. No. 78

Cedar Vale Jail

This jail is presumed to have been built after 1921, according to The County Liner and Cedar Vale Commercial Dec. 16, 1921 “Cedar Vale’s jail was burned on the night the armistice was...

Booth Theatre

Booth Theatre

Intro The phenomenal Booth Theatre, named after Thomas Booth, was designed around August 18, 1926, by rebuilding and renovating what was known as the Booth Building that housed offices and businesses...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer