• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1970's Abandoned

stull church

Evangelical Church of Stull

Dating back over 140 years the infamous Stull Church got its start. Erected in 1867 under the efforts and direction of Rev. D.R. Zellner and Rev. C. Berner. After raising the needed funds, the...

Arlington School

Arlington School

During the school election of April 1911, a new school building was discussed and decided this is a need that needed to be addressed soon. The nearby towns of Sylvia, Turon and Pretty Prairie had all...

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill 1875-1923 Cedar Point was established with the help of a man from Pennsylvanian named Orlo Henry Drinkwater. Settling in the Cottonwood Valley, he built his...

frankfort jail

Frankfort Jail

This historic jail in Frankfort Kansas was not the first calaboose in the city, in fact this jail was built to replace another. On December 22, 1898, A.W. Snodgrass was contracted by the City of...

lecompton jail

Lecompton Jail

The Lecompton jail as of 2022 is 130 years old, most buildings are destroyed in some fashion before even turning a hundred. The care that went into its construction allowed it to last through many...

Bushong State Bank

Bushong State Bank

Bushong State Bank holds the same construction of many other banks built across the midwest during 1905-1906. Despite other readily available sources stating that the Bushong State Bank was organized...

mclouth jail

McLouth Jail

According to government insurance maps and newspapers, the McLouth Jail was constructed sometime between 1913 and 1921. It is a barrel roof concrete structure with a cell on each end with a barred...

Wilson Jail

Wilson Jail

On May 10th, 1907 a contract was let between the owners of the nearby Powers and Tobias Building, W.B. Power and Joseph F. Tobias and the City of Wilson. The contract outlined the construction of a...

buhler jail

Buhler Jail

On November 27, 1913, The Buhler Herald reported that at a city council meeting on November 21st a decision had been made to start work on a city jail for Buhler. The jail that was then completed in...

luray jail

Luray Jail

The Luray jail cell was manufactured by E.T. Barnum Iron Works a reputable jail company in the frontier days. It is a single cell made of strap iron with two pull-down beds. The cell while unsure...

bunker hill jail

Bunker Hill Jail

This jail, one of the best-preserved in the state, dates back to 1871. Allegedly this building was the Russell County Jail from 1871-1876. One of the most well-designed jails of its time, it is a...

Wilsey Jail

Wilsey Jail

The Wilsey Jail is located within the city park and built by the Pauly Jail Building Company. It was installed in February of 1914, The Wilsey Warbler reporting; “The room in which the cell is...

Lebanon Jail

Lebanon Jail

In 1910 Lebanon Mayor Ellsworth Adams with a committee consisting of John C. Bunker, Clarence Eugene Ingram, and E.C. Elroy. Together, they voted for the City of Lebanon to make a purchase of two...

Wetmore Jail

Wetmore Jail

The start of the Wetmore jail dates back to 1882 when the City of Wetmore purchased Block 22, Lot 20 from Elvin Campfield for the purpose of building a calaboose on the land. Work on the jail lasted...

Whitewater Jail

Whitewater Jail

The original Whitewater jail was built on the lot where the former Swiss Church building current rests at Oak and Topeka Street. It is said that its construction was a result of an ordinance and was...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer