• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 2010's Abandoned

St. Johns Hospital - Salina

St. Johns Hospital – Salina

The idea for the St. Johns Salina Hospital was pitched by Rev. Father Maher of the Sisters of St. Joseph who then brought the idea to other non-Catholic citizens of Salina who agreed there was a need...

Pleasant Valley School

Pleasant Valley School

Pleasant Valley School is a native sandstone one-room schoolhouse was constructed in 1881 just on the outskirts of Yates Center. There is two different colored sandstones giving evidence of an...

Cedar Point School

Cedar Point Consolidated School

In 1918 a devasting fire completely destroyed the Cedar Point School, quickly classes were moved to Principal Mrs. Ada Lake’s home. Miss Myrtle Self and Miss Henry Young held their classes in...

Simons Church

St Simon’s Episcopal Church

Sunday School of St. Simon’s James H. Guy was the first African American to practice law under the Ohio Supreme Court when he was admitted in 1882. Coming to Topeka in the mid-1800s James...

Plaza Theater

Plaza Theater

Original Plaza Theater The first Plaza Theater of Burlington was constructed in 1940. It didn’t have long to create success before a terrible flood ravaged the community. In late May of 1941...

Joyland Amusement Park

Joyland Amusement Park

PHOTO GALLERY AT THE VERY END The father and son’s trio of Lester, Herb and Harold Ottaways were amusement enthusiasts and excelled in family entertainment. Joyland was not their first venture...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer