• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1800's Built

Doctor W.B. Jones Home

Doctor W.B. Jones Home

This abandoned homestead located seemingly out in the middle of nowhere depicts a stone engraved above a window, ‘Doctor W.B. Jones 1878’.¬† The Doctor W.B. Jones Home belonged to William...

Topeka State Hospital

Topeka State Hospital

To Read A Fully Detailed History, Former Patient/Staff Stories, and See 50+ Exclusive High-Quality Pictures of this Location Click Here to Order ‘Abandoned Kansas: Healthcare in the...

barber school district no. 82

Barber School District No. 82

Barber School District No. 82 was formed in July of 1871 by the county superintendent. It was comprised of portions of Districts 15, 40 and 8. Citizens quickly got to work on issuing bonds for a...

ravanna school

Ravanna School

The Ravanna School was built in late 1888, it was a two-story, stone building that would serve the community. By November twenty-one men had been employed to work on the new educational facility and...

Loy School

Loy School

The Loy School was birthed when a local farmer by the name of Robert Loy donated a parcel of his farmland on October 17, 1891 for the purpose of building a school. The limestone schoolhouse was named...

stull church

Evangelical Church of Stull

Dating back over 140 years the infamous Stull Church got its start. Erected in 1867 under the efforts and direction of Rev. D.R. Zellner and Rev. C. Berner. After raising the needed funds, the...

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill

Drinkwater & Schriver Flour Mill 1875-1923 Cedar Point was established with the help of a man from Pennsylvanian named Orlo Henry Drinkwater. Settling in the Cottonwood Valley, he built his...

Howard National Bank

Howard National Bank

Kansas State Historical Society In April of 1877, the Elk County “State” Bank was organized with George W. McKey as President. Just a few short years later the bank was converted to the...

Lower Snokomo School Dist No. 32

Lower Snokomo School Dist No. 32

The Lower Snokomo Distr. No 32 school is one of the few remaining one-room schoolhouses left in rural Kansas. Referred to as both Lower Snokomo and Haubold School the building was constructed in 1890...

frankfort jail

Frankfort Jail

This historic jail in Frankfort Kansas was not the first calaboose in the city, in fact this jail was built to replace another. On December 22, 1898, A.W. Snodgrass was contracted by the City of...

lecompton jail

Lecompton Jail

The Lecompton jail as of 2022 is 130 years old, most buildings are destroyed in some fashion before even turning a hundred. The care that went into its construction allowed it to last through many...

americus jail

Americus Jail

The Americus jail was built in the Spring of 1899 just before the turn of the century under the supervision and order of Mayor William Ernst. Contract for the stonework was awarded to a gentleman by...

bunker hill jail

Bunker Hill Jail

This jail, one of the best-preserved in the state, dates back to 1871. Allegedly this building was the Russell County Jail from 1871-1876. One of the most well-designed jails of its time, it is a...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer

error: Content is copyright protected by The Abandoned Atlas Foundation. To request the use of information/media: board@abandonedatlas.com or copy and paste link to post